Martinkus was my maternal grandfather's birth name. Sauka was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. They immigrated to Massachusetts from the village of Luokė, in Telšiai County. This site documents everything I've learned on this life changing expedition.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Alma Galli Martinkus

Last week I posted a photo of my Aunt Olga. Today I am posting a photo of my mother, Alma Galli Martinkus (Martin). Alma was known as Anna most of her life and at some point in the family's life, the last name was changed to Martin. How ironic going from a fairly unique name to a fairly ubiquitous name. Anyway, my mother was born in Brockton, Mass. on 8 November 1923 - the middle child! Here is a photo of my mother. Do you see the resemblance between her and her sister Olga? And if you knew me, you'd say I look like both of them.

Alma Galli Martinkus



No comments:

Post a Comment