Martinkus was my maternal grandfather's birth name. Sauka was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. They immigrated to Massachusetts from the village of Luokė, in Telšiai County. This site documents everything I've learned on this life changing expedition.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Sauka Family

I have been searching my maternal grandmother's family here in Massachusetts as well. Here is a wedding photo from 1972 that mentions an Uncle Benny Sauka. The main reason for setting up this website is to connect to other family members. I think by posting regularly and adding photos to the posts, they will turn up in someone's Google search. They'll say "Oh! There's my dad Benny Sauka." So I'll be posting regularly in the hopes of perhaps someday reaching out to new family members.

(l-r) Aunt Stacey Kilenius - Aunt Catherine Butkus - Barbara Shanks - her ex husband unnamed in photo - Peter - Uncle Benny Sauka - Grandfather Anthony K. Martin (Martinkus)

No comments:

Post a Comment