Martinkus was my maternal grandfather's birth name. Sauka was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. They immigrated to Massachusetts from the village of Luokė, in Telšiai County. This site documents everything I've learned on this life changing expedition.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Barbara Sauka Martinkus

Finally had a chance to upload photos. Yes! My big sis gave me lots of photos - yay. This is a photo of my big sis with our maternal grandmother Barbara Sauka Martin (Martinkus). Big sis is named after her. The photo was not dated but it's sometime between November 1952 and April 1953. Big sis looks pretty young in the photo and appears dressed for her christening, so this is only a guess but a pretty good one.

My maternal grandmother, Barbara Sauka Martin (Martinkus) holding my big sis. Sometime between November 1952 and May 1953.

No comments:

Post a Comment